AzCHER welcomes as members all organizations and governmental entities that have a vested interest in healthcare emergency preparedness. This includes a core membership of hospitals and other healthcare systems/organizations/facilities, public health, emergency medical services (EMS) and patient transport entities, and emergency management. Affiliation is not limited to core membership, however. Other entities such as non-governmental organizations (NGOs), critical infrastructure partners, academic institutions, pharmacies, blood banks, and clinical laboratories are encouraged to submit a Participation Agreement. Exceptions to membership eligibility include 1) vendors* and other companies whose membership could be perceived as coalition endorsement of their goods or services, and 2) organizations that could present a conflict of interest for the coalition, to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
*A “vendor” is defined as a supplier of goods or services that, in and of itself, is not critical to the healthcare supply chain. Exceptions would include large-scale pharmacies and group purchasing organizations whose membership eligibility would be determined on a case-by-case basis by the AzCHER Statewide Advisory Board.
Healthcare Provider Organizations:
- Hospitals / Acute Care
- Long-Term Care
- Behavioral Health
- Ambulatory Care (ESRD Clinics and Ambulatory Surgery Centers)
- Community Health Centers
- Hospice and Home Health
- Other Providers
Critical Healthcare Collaborators & Core Members:
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) / Medical Transport
- Public Health Agencies / PHEP Partners (County and Tribal)
- Emergency Management
Supporting Organization Examples:
- Nonprofits / NGOs
- Power and Communications Companies
- Blood Banks
- Medical Laboratories
- Organ Donor Networks
To become a member, please follow these steps:
- Review the Participation Agreement with your organization’s leadership. Download and review a PDF of the Participation Agreement here.
- Sign the Participation Agreement electronically through the AzCHER Connect Member portal.
- The signatory must be a person within your organization who can make partnership agreements on behalf of the organization.
- Assign a Designated Member Representative (DMR) who must be the single point of contact for the organization, usually an emergency manager or other person responsible for the organization’s emergency preparedness.
- After completing the electronic form a button to print or save as a PDF will be available. Please print and save a copy of your Participation Agreement for your records.
- AzCHER Administration will review the membership request and notify the DMR when membership is active.
- AzCHER Administration will contact the DMR with information on how to proceed, including login information to access AzCHER Connect, our membership database, Basecamp, our primary communication platform, and the Arizona Health Alert Network (AzHAN), a tool we use for emergency communications and drills.
- Log in to your AzCHER Connect account and review all information contained therein. Make corrections/additions as necessary within 10 business days of membership acceptance and at least quarterly thereafter.