The School and Community Recovery Virtual Training and Exercise is being offered as a resource for building whole community partnerships and better understanding how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted Arizona’s educational system and its community partners. The training will:
- Increase the understanding of continuity of operations (COOP) with a focus on staffing, the continuation of essential functions, and external and internal communication strategies;
- Discuss student services specific to mental/behavioral health needs;
- Build networks among schools, community agencies, healthcare systems, local, tribal, and state partners to support the continuation of school essential functions; and
- Explore community partnerships that support school health and safety.
School Consortia members identified the additional priority areas for discussion:
- Changes to curriculum/instruction;
- Back-up staffing and staff well-being; and
- Student mental/behavioral health.
AzCHER invites its healthcare partners that would like to engage with their local schools to register here.
Please contact Linda Mason ([email protected]) with any questions.
This virtual training is offered by the Arizona Department of Education, in partnership with the Trust, Arizona Department of Health Services, Coyote Crisis Collaborative, and Arizona Division of Emergency Management.