The Network for Public Health Law, Western Region is offering a virtual summit on COVID-19 Response and Recovery from Wednesday, September 16th at 9 am to Thursday, September 17th at 12:30 pm. Registration is required. This event is offered free-of-charge and all AzCHER members are welcome to attend. Note that if you cannot attend the entire summit, the Question and Answer session noted below will be open to registrants on September 16th from 12:45 to 2 pm PDT/MST. This is a great opportunity to learn about and receive answers to your questions regarding the legalities of public health and pandemic response.
During the Western Region Office Q&A, The Network for Public Health Law, Western Region will address any questions you have related to the:
- Scope, extent and duration of federal, state, and local emergency declarations and powers;
- Constitutionality of key public health prevention efforts and opposing arguments;
- Navigation of legal issues related to implementing crisis standards of care during a pandemic;
- Preemption and conflicting social distancing measures between federal, tribal, state, and local governments;
- Impact of COVID-19 on vaccination policies; and
- Legal considerations for airports/mass transit during a communicable disease pandemic.
Bring your questions on other topics as well or submit your questions in advance via online registration. [And please note that information provided during this session, as with all Network information, does not constitute specific legal advice. Always consult your legal counsel for specific advice.]