8 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 8-10
What is CISM? CISM is a confidential, peer-driven, and comprehensive crisis intervention system. CISM is considered comprehensive because it consists of multiple crisis intervention components, which functionally span the entire spectrum of a crisis. CISM interventions range from the pre-crisis phase through the acute crisis phase and into the post-crisis phase. CISM interventions may be applied to individuals, small functional groups, large groups, families, organizations, and even communities.
Presented by: Tom McSherry, MC
This 3-day International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF) course combines ALL the content of the 2-day CISM: Group Intervention and the 2-day Assisting Individuals in Crisis courses.
You will learn about:
- Psychological reactions to crisis
- Mechanisms of action and peer support skills
- SAFER protocol for individual crisis intervention
- Small group interventions – Critical Incident Stress Debriefings, Defusing
- Large group interventions – Crisis Management Briefings, R.I.T.S.
- Respite centers and on-scene support
- Strategic Planning
- Taking care of the caregiver
Space is limited to 30 people for each class.