In an effort to better support our healthcare members, AzCHER is changing the scope of our full-scale/functional exercise, Power Play 2020, for this year. In lieu of an exercise, we will be assisting members with an ongoing evaluation of the COVID-19 response. The data collected during this ongoing response evaluation will be used to create facility and coalition After-Action Reports and Improvement Plans (AAR/IP). AzCHER will assist members in their response evaluation by:
- Developing response evaluation forms for members. These forms will be completed monthly, as electronic surveys, by a facility/organization evaluator and should only take 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Offering 30-minute evaluator trainings for the facility evaluator that explains the new approach and how response evaluation forms will be accessed, entered, and tracked.
- Developing an After-Action Report template for AzCHER members.
- Offering both regional and statewide debriefs/hotwash sessions for AzCHER members to share response challenges, areas for improvement, and best practices.
- Provide data from the collected evaluation response forms for members to use in their after-action reports and ongoing improvement planning
30-minute evaluator trainings will be provided via webinar at the following times:
- Wednesday, April 29th – 11-11:30am
- Wednesday, April 29th – 1:00-1:30pm
- Wednesday, May 6th – 11-11:30am
- Wednesday, May 6th – 1-1:30pm
Evaluators only need to attend ONE training. Participants will receive multiple calendar invites for upcoming trainings and are asked to accept the one that best fits their schedules.
Regional Debrief/Hotwash Webinars will be offered on Wednesday, May 13th at the following times:
- Central Region: 9-10:15am
- Northern Region: 10:30-11:45am
- Southern Region: 1-2:15pm
- Western Region: 2:30-3:45pm
Statewide, Sector-Specific Debrief/Hotwash Webinars will be offered on Wednesday, June 10th at the following times:
- Outpatient Care: 9-10am
- Hospitals: 11am-12pm
- Long-Term Care: 1-2pm
- Home Health/Hospice: 3-4pm
Participants will receive calendar invites that correspond with the region/sector they indicated in their registration.
Organizations interested in participating MUST have signed a new Participation Agreement (PA) with AzCHER sometime after January 1, 2020. You can review and electronically sign our PA here.
To register for AzCHER’s COVID-19 Response Evaluation, click here. Previous registrations for Power Play 2020 have been saved. If you previously registered for our exercise you are able to review and edit your registration as long as you are using the same device you originally registered on.
Any questions about the COVID-19 Response Evaluation can be directed to Robin Oothoudt, AzCHER’s Training and Exercise Manager.